Harrow School Enterprises Limited (HSEL) is the commercial trading arm of Harrow School. HSEL was established in 1982 as a means for Harrow School (established 1572) to raise additional revenue to support School activities such as major capital projects, renovations and maintenance and the provision of bursaries to pupils from less affluent families.
From its early origins running summer schools for Japanese school groups to learn English, HSEL has gone from strength to strength to become the successful trading company it is today.
HSEL now runs many different commercial activities, as well as services for the School:
- BABSSCo: The British Association of Boarding School Short Courses (BABSSCo) is the largest part of HSEL’s business. As head office for the organisation, we bring approximately 1,000 students a year to the UK each summer to learn English. BABSSCo currently operates in six boarding schools in the UK.
- Education: HSEL runs Easter Revision Courses every year in a wide-ranging number of subjects and levels.
- Events: HSEL offers a large event service utilising the many beautiful venues the School has to offer including providing four licensed venues for civil weddings.
- Locations: Harrow School offers tours of the School to groups, and is used as a location for the TV and film industry. We facilitate both of these services.
- Sports: HSEL runs the Harrow School Sports Club on behalf of the School. Our staff operate the Sports Centre for both the School and the local community, including the letting of our facilities.
- Shop: HSEL operates the Hill Shop, which provides a service to boys and the School community for stationery and other academic items. We also sell a wide range of Harroviana both in the shop and online.
- Other services: HSEL runs a number of services for the School including Group Photography, and a programme for Gifted & Talented children.
HSEL employs ten full time office staff at the School, alongside thirty staff members in the Sports Centre (both full and part-time), and up to 200 temporary staff during the summer and Easter holiday periods.
Harrow School Enterprises Limited is a limited company, registered in England & Wales, No. 1617359. Harrow School Enterprises Limited is a wholly owned company of Harrow School.